Do you browse through home staging magazines and the HGTV channel wishing your home could look as luxurious as they make it? Well, it doesn't have to cost million dollars to look like it. Every home is unique but by adding a few touches here and there you can really make your property stand out among the crowd.
· Mount your curtains at ceiling level rather than the top of the windows. This draws the eye upwards and gives the illusion of high ceilings.
· Paint your interior doors a sleek and shiny shade of black. This looks very modern and sophisticated and is much cheaper than buying expensive doors.
· If your home doesn’t have crown moulding, paint a white band around the ceiling to create the look.
· The little details can make a big difference when it comes to making a home look elegant and luxurious. Add in finishing touches such as a beautiful glass vase, a stack of coffee table books, fresh flowers or a piece of artwork.
· Remember, less is more and a cluttered house will not create the impression of luxury. Eliminate as much clutter as possible, making your home seem more spacious and sophisticated.
· Lighting can also have a big impact on how luxurious your home appears. Invest in a few beautiful and stylish lamps, or a chandelier, and you will transform the entire space.
· When choosing fabrics for accessories and upholstery, go for fabrics that have a luxurious texture such as velvet, satin or fur. They can be faux to make them cheaper, but they will still add to the luxurious look.
· You can take simple and cheap accessories such as a candle holder or a vase from the dollar store and then paint them with gold paint. They will have a luxurious look, for much less than the real thing!
These are just a few ideas that you can incorporate into your home décor of your South Barrington, Barrington, Schaumburg, Bartlett, Roselle, or Chicago and Northwest Suburbs home, in order to make it look and feel more luxurious. When you're ready to sell your home call on me. I would love to help you stage and sell your Barrington or Schaumburg real estate today.
For All of Your Real Estate Needs ~
Call "Stevie D." Your ReMax Real Estate Specialist : (630) 479-9479